We are coming up on day 20 and it may seem like God has forgotten about this challenge He’s supposed to be intervening and helping you with. But, He has not. In our virtual, microwave culture we want it fast and we want it now…well at least I do and am guilty of that. INSTANT is a word I cling to. However, most times, when we journey with God he takes us on the scenic route as he develops us in even more areas like patience.
Consider Romans 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
Keep trusting, keep believing, keep working, keep hoping and meet up for the 20 day workout so that you can stay connected. God IS going to do what you hope for as you wait patiently!
It’s not too late to join us on this 101 day journey sign up today!
Harvest Quinoa: Since you got a big bag of quinoa for the breakfast recipe a few days ago, figured you’d need some other ideas of what to do with the rest of the funny name grain. Try this recipe for lunch or dinner as a vegetarian entree or a side dish.
1 cup quinoa
½ cup sliced almonds
1 tbs olive oil
1 ½ cup stock
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp cloves
½ tsp curry powder
2 cloves garlic or 1 tbs chopped garlic
½ cup diced sweet potato or buttenut squash
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup apples
1 tbs lemon juice
¼ cup scallions
1 tsp fresh ginger root
¼ cup Fresh Mint or Cilantro
· Soak quinoa for 15 minutes in cold water
· Stir quinoa with your hands and pour off water, then strain through a fine mesh strainer
· Set strainer over a bowl
· Heat a heavy sauce pan on medium heat and add oil
· Stir and toast the almonds, remove and set aside
· Sauté the scallions, garlic and ginger
· Add quinoa. Stir and toast until dry and turning color
· Add sweet potatoes and cranberries, then add spices and stir to coat.
· Add stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer until all liquid is absorbed.
· Remove from heat and allow to sit covered for five minutes
· Fluff gently with a fork and serve.