If you are what you think then what are you?
On a surface level we may think we know what we are about and what we need to work on. When we think on our own we have the luxury of overlooking the real issues that may be the ones between us and our lifestyle goals. So the best way to get an accurate picture of ourselves is to invite God to help out.
Psalm 139:23-24 (The Message) “Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I’m about; See for yourself whether I’ve done anything wrong— then guide me on the road to eternal life. “
God has a way of exposing our junk. I thought that I was struggling with a little bit of impatience with my husband and my children. So I checked in with God and naturally He agreed but He took it further. As He guided me through his Word He showed me that I was not loving the way He loves because 1 Corinthians 13 says that love is patient. Ouch!! So I have stopped thinking and started loving!
Try this healthy on the go breakfast option to start your day off with some greens:
Green Eggs Breakfast Burrito
1 tbs chopped onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup of spinach
2 egg whites
2 tbs shredded low fat cheese
1 whole grain tortilla
2 tbs salsa
2 tbs plain yogurt (optional)
- Warm tortilla in a toaster oven
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray and saute onions and garlic until clear
- Beat egg whites and add to pan and stir, as they start to get firm add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted
- Put the egg mixture in the warm tortilla and immediately sprinkle cheese on top so it can melt
- Roll the burrito to a tight close
- Serve with salsa and yogurt for dipping