Are you ready for some football? Well the super markets, member warehouses and pizza places sure are. In fact while I was in Costco yesterday and there was music, there were decorations and the sample stations had quadrupled! This was carefully planned, well executed blitz on arm chair quarterbacks. Okay and yes I did come out with a couple of extra items I sampled LOL! It really works.
See they know that Super Bowl Sunday is one of the biggest eating days of the year – second only to Thanksgiving. It also tops the charts for television sales, which go up drastically prior to game day. Just in time to sabotage our New Year’s resolutions to get FIT and save $money$.
1. Budget Action Fake: If it’s not in your budget to buy the new flat screen TV don’t buy it. You will still enjoy watching it on what you have, at a restaurant or on a friend’s flat screen TV. And come Monday morning you won’t have the TV Bill blues.
2. Pre Game Plan: Have a small healthy snack before you head to the party that way you won’t be in binge mode when you get there. You can just focus on the game, the fun, friends and family.
3. Single Plate Run: Prepare yourself a plate rather than mindless munching from a bowls. Then go ahead and eat a cookie or brownie for dessert – and let go of the depravation “being good” mindset. Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial so enjoy in moderation and pray for contentment.
4. The Crystal Punch Play: Choose Crystal Punch as your beverage of choice (That’s Water…NOT to be mistaken for Crystal Light J). Jazz it up with a lime.
5. Couch Potato Route: Get up from that couch for more than seconds and a potty break. Here’s how (remember, passing the chips does not count as exercise, no matter how heavy the bowl):